A place for creative people to collaborate, manage
and work together.
The design of the project management tool solved many problems faced by many creative designers over the years. It aimed to centralize the project management and collaboration process by bringing a new system. This web app was one of the essential products for a client that helped them track of all deliverables along with team collaboration, and feedback tracking mechanism. The main goal was to get rid of all manual hustle and turn it into an automated system.
The goal of this project was to design a single place to collaborate and work together for creative people.
Product Thinking, Information Architecture, Visual Design, Prototyping
Team : 1 designer, 1 Product Managers
Duration and Type : 8 weeks | Product Design, UI/UX Design
Tools : Adobe XD, Zeplin, Asana, Miro, Google Meet
- Create a user-facing web app design where users can collaborate and work towards a single project goal.
- A Design mobile and tablet responsive version of all the web app screens.
- Provide an interactive prototype for clients, developers and also for usability testing.
Most of the project management tools are compatible with the software design team. But they usually do not have a space for creative people. Creative people work differently on different media such as gamers, video or content editors, etc. They need to have such features that will make their life easier.
The singular and purpose of this tool will be to incorporate features from project management tools and add features which helps creative people to collaborate and work together.
The first part of the research was to understand how creative people strategize, create and execute their project plans. For this, I conducted interviews with game designer and content creators. This allowed me to understand their work, their process and to identify the pain points they encounter on a daily basis.
The goal was to identify the tools and features that were essential. I wanted to reduce the frustration caused by switching between tools so user can finish their task easily and within deadline.
Then I came up with these personas to serve as a cumulative representation of all the common user needs, goals, tasks, pain points that I derived from the Stakeholder interviews, user interviews.
User Research Insights
From the user interviews, contextual analysis, stakeholder interviews, and competitive research I gained both qualitative and quantitative insights. It also helped in understanding user expectations, behaviours, needs, and motivations. We then used these Insights to ensure that all product design decisions do benefit the user.
I started creating the information architecture and low-fi concepts for primary use cases. After having a go-ahead from the Product Manager, and Stakeholders on the mockups, we began to conduct usability tests with the low-fidelity mockups. Once we had confidence in the design, we began digitalizing designs.
All In One Place For Your Project Documents
- Find all project-related documents in one place.
- A simple and easy actions on documents such as duplicate, delete, share and even move to another folder.
- User can share documents with the single collaborator or with the sharable link.
Review Your Video Files and Add Comments
- Review your video files and add comments on any scene or part of the video real-time.
- Track and manage comments with a timeline and resolve once done
- Monitor comments real-time and replies to the same.
Manage Production Calendar and Timelines
- The calendar allows crew members to see all the activity in their project in one place.
- With flexible drag feature, the user can add a new task or event in a single click.
- The ability to group tasks and events by creating manual groups or sections.
- Restore your deleted task easily from Trash folder.
Manage Your Shoot Locations
When working on a project like a video for any commercials, movie or documentaries, the team always needs to visit a place to get work done. We wanted to provide relevant details to the team to make the process faster and easier.
- Add google map location of the exact shoot.
- The ability to add parking instructions for the crew members to park their vehicles.